Thursday, May 10

Wheels and Deals

This past weekend, we stayed busy as usual. On Friday our friends invited us to go to the drag racing track. 
It was in the middle of hay fields and corn fields and was actually quite pretty!(What a girl's perspective, huh!) Ha, from a guy's point of view, Josh liked watching the times of all the cars and motorcycles.
Josh, Macy, and I watched her husband, Sam, drive his Camaro a few times too. 
We even got to watch the sunset and enjoyed being "out in the country" for a few hours. (:

On Saturday, we woke up early and drove to the First Monday Trade Days in Canton to meet my Mom and Dave in hopes of finding a few bargains!


If you haven't ever been to Canton, you have to check it out-it's huge! We found we had way more luck at the "real" garage sale/flea market type booths rather than the more boutique-ish vendors.
I got a cute, vintage half-apron for $6! It has hand stitched birds, even if it isn't used much for cooking, it sure looks cute in our kitchen (: 

My momma and I got a few "projects" too! We got coffee bean bags to make cute burlap pillows, like my sister, Samantha, has done in her home! To see our inspiration for this cute project, check out Her Crafty Texas Girls Tutorial

I also got three frames for the kitchen that I plan on fixing up, and three wooden crosses I'm going to modge podge--- pictures to come when they're all done! 


We also got a few more practical items. 
A new dog bed for Leyla! The woman who sold us the bed, gave Josh a free homemade mexican quesidilla in the spirit of Cinco de Mayo! He said it was some of the best Mexican food he's ever had-ha!

Luckily Dave volunteered to push our "Canton cart" around to hold our goodies!



There were also a few silly items, that we didn't buy-but sure got a laugh looking at!


After my mom and Dave headed back home, Josh and I drove to one of the other parts of the Canton Trade Days--Pet Alley! I have never seen so many animals in my life, there were puppies, kittens, chickens, bunnies, goats, repitles-you name it, they had it!

Josh and I loved looking at all the animals, we couldn't believe how tiny some where! The dog above will only grow to be like 6 lbs! But we figured Leyla might not play nicely with someone so tiny!

Instead our hearts melted for these two! 


We spent the rest of our weekend relaxing and I finished up my junior semester this past week-YAY! 
It was a fun weekend full of new experiences and great company!

Don't worry, despite the new pups, Leyla's still my number one girl...















1 comment:

  1. Oh, Becka! We had such a great time with ya'll this past weekend:) I miss my girl and it was wonderful just being with you!!

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete