Saturday, January 19

How To: Mesh Deco Wreath

My sweet Mom has been very into crafting lately and made a beautiful mesh deco wreath for Valentine's Day that she showcased on her blog athomewithjemma.blogspot.com  


http://athomewithjemma.blogspot.com/

I loved her wreath so much that she sent me the materials I needed to make one for my own door!
Here's what you will need:
-At least 1 roll of Mesh Deco Ribbon
-At least 1 roll of Decorative Ribbon
-Wire Wreath Frame (Any shape)
-Pipe Cleaners or Floral Wire to secure ribbon
-Decorative Accents for the Wreath 

I begun by cutting a few pipe cleaners in half and then twisting them in intervals around the wreath frame.

Then I pinched the short end of the mesh and gathered the mesh together, pinching in the middle and then securing pinched portion to the wire frame with one of the pre-attached pipe cleaners.

I continued this process around the wreath. The closer the point of attachments, the larger the loops appear. I then did this exact process a second time. 


I did the exact same thing with the heart ribbon, by weaving it in and out of the mesh and attaching with pipe cleaners.

To finish, I added the cute heart decorations my mom had sent me & attached the leftover heart ribbon to hang the wreath on my door.
The finished product. I love how our wreath looks on our door & it makes it extra special that the supplies came from my Mom! After all, Valentines is all about reminding the ones we love that we love them!


(Tip: The only thing I would have done different next time would be to paint the frame a coordinating color before adding the ribbon.)







1 comment:

  1. Dear Little Momma to Be! Your wreath is beautiful! Turned out so, so pretty and is such a lovely accent to your home. Your tutorial explains the steps so well-thank you for sharing! I love you little Valentine!

    ReplyDelete