Monday, April 9

Happy Easter

This past weekend, we visited my family in Texas for my sister's baby shower and to celebrate Easter with family.

On Saturday evening, we hunted and dyed Easter eggs at my Dad's house with my sisters and nieces.











On Sunday we spent the day with my Mom and the rest of my family. My mom made Easter lunch complete with deviled eggs, fruit salad, a honey baked ham, and desserts galore. Because of the crazy Texas weather, the kiddos hunted Easter eggs upstairs. 





Wyatt was there for the celebration too (:








In some of the eggs, were Easter tattoos. Afton put hers on her arm to look like Uncle Josh-ha!






No surprise, Josh made an evil egg-ha!

We had a great weekend with our family! I was most impressed with my 6 year old niece, who had repeatedly told my sister, Samantha, that Easter isn't about the Easter Bunny or the candy, but about the resurrection of Jesus. Josh and I were thankful to get to spend a weekend with loved ones and celebrate Easter and let it's real meaning ring true. 

 With Spring Break over it's time to get back to work, school, and pick up Leyla from the kennel. Hope y'all had a wonderful Easter as well!

"The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances." -Robert Flatt

2 comments:

  1. So great seeing you guys again. We will see you in the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, what an interesting life you, Josh and Leyla have-I truly love reading and seeing all of your adventures! I feel as though you have put me in your pocket! Thank you for sharing with us all!! xoxox-Mom

    ReplyDelete